Friday, May 8, 2015

Simply Done Roasted Beets

 
Love my Roasted Beets
 so simple to make
so yummy to eat
 
 

enjoy them warm, with a little butter if you must
chill them for a salad
sneak them when no one is looking
yes I love beets
 
 
greens cut off and saved
little squiggly things trimmed

 
usually I wrap each beet in tin foil
bake on a cookie sheet no clean up needed
 
why I decided it was good plan to have to clean purple gizzz out of the pan?
 
 
 
 

Roasted Beets

Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan.
Roast them for 50 minutes to 1 hour, depending on their size, until they are tender, test with a small sharp knife.
Or you can stick them in a covered casserole and have a mess to clean up.
 
Unwrap each beet and set aside for 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
Peel the beets with a small, sharp knife skin should peel of easily. 
I wear rubber gloves or rub the skin off with a paper towel to keep my hands from turning purple.  Slice or chunk , enjoy warm with a little butter or on a beet salad


No comments:

Post a Comment