Friday, March 27, 2015

Pasta with Chicken Thighs


Dinner, I’m hungry no one has gone shopping I’ve got 2lbs of chicken thighs in the fridge that were supposed to me marinated and frozen since the grill was still 2 blizzards under snow.   Why can’t I pass up a good deal, now what to cook tonight ?

Google chicken thighs and hope something edible comes up!! 
 
 
Awesome The Pioneer Women has a recipe looks like little work and I have everything to make it!!!  I love her recipes even though one was a flop I still love her cooking. 

The Pioneer Women's Penne with Chicken Thighs

Her Baked Ziti   I’ll put that under flops but first I want to find one I can flip.  I used to make one called lazy Lasagna if only I could find that recipe…….
 
I need to get back to dinner if I want to eat tonight.
 
This recipe was perfect - fix it and forget it, I really needed to get laundry and dishes done, yes dishes did I mention I was behind on chores.
 
 
This recipe is great done in that must have Dutch Oven, brown the meat in the pan add the Spaghetti Sauce, ingredients, pop in the oven walk away until it’s time to make the pasta.

My chicken thighs were boneless and honestly I wouldn’t make this recipe with Bone on Thighs to messy.  I had ½ jar of Basil Pesto and added that it really took the jarred sauce up a notch. 
 

 The Large onion is when I realized size does matter I chopped my large onion  whoa that’s a lot of onion I measured it, it over flowed 1 cup almost 2 cups of onion -
go back to the Pioneer Women’s page I’m guessing that it’s about ½ -3/4 cup of onion in the pan so that’s what I used I wasn’t making onion sauce after all.

 

 
 
Pasta with Chicken Thighs
 
Ingredients

2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken Thighs, trim the fat
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 whole Large Onion, Diced (remember size matters)
Make that ½ cup onion diced
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 jars (24 Ounces Each) Spaghetti Sauce
Basil Pesto- about ¼ of a cup

Fresh Basil – if you have it I didn’t
S&P to taste
Parmesan Cheese, For Sprinkling

16 ounces, Penne Tinkyada Gluten Free is my favorite
or  1 spaghetti squash
 
Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or dutch
oven over medium-high heat,. Brown chicken thighs quickly on both sides until golden
brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a separate plate.

Pour off all but 1 tablespoon grease/oil. Add onions and garlic to pan and stir around to
cook, about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in spaghetti sauce, stir to heat. Add chicken thighs
back into the sauce. Cover and place pan in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, slowcooker on high 2 hours, or simmer on the stove, on the stove

Cook the pasta according to package instructions.  You can toss the pasta in the sauce with thighs or place pasta on plate cover with sauce and 1 chicken thigh.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Enjoy! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment